Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Linkert Attacks, France - The Ride.






























I rode from home around the the M25 London ring road and then on through some English countryside to meet up with my mates at a pub just outside Portsmouth while we wait for the overnight ferry to France. The weather was crap, overcast and spitting a little rain. Slept on the boat overnight and got to France early the next day to warm sunshine and it stayed that way for the whole 6 days. We rode for 2 days down to the show and 2 days back. We covered about 1300 kms in all on country roads only. We ate great food and saw the most amazing scenery mile after mile. The roads were smooth and traffic free, just perfect. If you haven't done a bike trip through rural France then I suggest you do it, you won't be sorry. The people in the small towns and villages could not have been friendlier and more accommodating. I'm missing it right now, I'm stuck indoors and it's pissing down outside. I'm missing my riding buddies too, it was all over so quickly. Good times mates, very good times.

More on the Linkert show itself coming soon to this very blog.

7 comments:

  1. Good times indeed, chillin out by the side of the road helping Mother get started- no wait, that wasn't you. Great catching up with you. I miss the open road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Simon sitting on the grass leaning on the road sign is amazing. I wish I'd taken one that good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, shall we go back next week ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next Ferry leaves at 11 tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going back next Thursday.... putting fatbobs and a huuuuge seat on my knuck

    Great run - I am fucked

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great getting wasted with you all. see ya next year!!

    ReplyDelete